Neither wiser nor holier
This Sunday we remember God’s providence in guiding Joseph to go against popular wisdom and cultural norms and take Mary as his wife. God reached out to Joseph through a dream and revealed that the child in Mary’s womb was the Savior. Joseph was a carpenter and a builder who guided and protected his family. He was neither innately wiser nor holier than Mary or Jesus, yet God granted him the role of father.
I have been appointed to the role of administrator, and I claim neither to be wiser nor holier than anyone else in this parish. Like Joseph, God has chosen me -through his Church, to be guide, protector, and father. God has chosen me to serve.
I will make mistakes - correct me. I will not know how to proceed - advise me.
I will not have the strength - help me. I will may miss the mark - forgive me.
The book of Proverbs states, “In the multitude of counselors, there is safety.” (Proverbs 11:14) Furthermore, I cannot do everything, not should I. Paul writes, “For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.” It is my great privilege to serve the beautiful family of St. Ignatius of Antioch. I love you.
- Christmas caroling at Heartland of Miamisburg nursing home Saturday, December 15 at 4:30. Meet at St. Ignatius of Antioch at 3 pm.
- Christmas party Sunday, December 16th after the 11am liturgy.
- Christmas novena begins December 15th. Saturday we will pray with the youth at Heartland Nursing home. Sunday after both liturgies. December 17-19 Monday-Wednesday at 7pm, December 21 Friday at 7pm, December 22 Saturday at 11am. December 23 Sunday after both liturgies. December 24th at 11:40 pm.
- House of Bread Wednesday December 19th 9am-2:30 pm 9 Orth Avenue.
- Confession opportunity St. Albert Church December 20th at 7pm.
- St. Ignatius of Antioch Liturgy(Actual Feast Day) December 19th at 7pm and December 20th at 11 am.
- Giving tree- support foster children, underprivileged babies, and the homeless- please return by December 23.
- Christmas liturgies Midnight mass and 11 am
- Feast of the Circumcision feast day January 1 at 7pm.
- St. Vincent dePaul First Saturday of Every month 6:30 pm - 8 pm serving meal at men's Gettysburg shelter 1921 S Gettysburg Ave, Dayton, OH 45417.
- Pilgrimage to Washington, DC for March for Life, Church tours, and tour of the capital. January, Thursday the 17th - Saturday the 19th.
- Reviewing the parish feedback has begun. More information forthcoming. We will go over the gathered feedback, meet for negative feedback and diagnosis, meet for positive feedback, and have a meeting to reach out to past parishioners.
- Initiatives- To what is God calling you? What are your hopes, dreams, and ideas for our parish? What do you want to do? Mission, charity, prayers, work, fundraisers, or maintenance? How can we support you?
- Bible Study every Sunday at 10 am.
- Sunday liturgies 9 am and 11 am
- Confessions immediately before and after daily liturgies or by appointment.
St. Ignatius of Antioch Revelation to Joseph December 16, 2018