Getting Ready August 3, First Liturgy August 4, Kafta Wednesday
Sunday, August 4th first liturgy 11 am Thursday, August 15th Assum
ption Pilgrimage August 23-25 Festival
"Now is the day of salvation!" 2 Corinthians 6:2 St. Paul is a man in love with God. Paul is a man on fire with God, ever calling others to conversion, greater conversion, and sanctity. Paul hopes that like a matchmaker or an ambassador, he will help and not get in the way of anyone coming to know the love of Christ. He sought to remove all obstacles between Jesus and each one of us. Paul refused to be a scandal or stumbling block. I have recently been praying the following prayer for those I meet in my day, "God loves you (perfectly). I long to (love you perfectly, too). Lord Jesus, help me love like you." Catholic Mission Camps put out the following information, " The Crisis At Hand63% Of US Catholic youth say that they have never experienced the love of Jesus.National Study, Youth & Religion 92% Of US Catholic youth say the Bible and Church teaching does NOT impact their daily moral decision making.National Study, Youth & Religion 52% Of all US adults that were raised Catholic have left the Church.Pew Research Center" This crisis has been caused in part because some bishops, some priests, and some church leaders have been scandals and obstacles to others rather than being honest, faithful, and helping others to know, love, and serve God through experiences of the love of God. I myself and many in the parish have been blessed with some small knowledge of the living God. May we as a parish each know God personally and help others to know God and the love of God. - We will have a work day Saturday, August 3rd at 50 Nutt Rd. - Our first liturgy at the new church will be August 4th at 11am at 50 Nutt Rd. -Kafta prep Wednesday, August 7th at 5915 N. Springboro Pike -August 14th at 7pm Feast of the Assumption of Mary at 50 Nutt Rd. -August 15th at 7:30 am Feast of the Assumption of Mary at 50 Nutt Rd. -August 15th 11 am- Midnight Pilgrimage to Our Lady of Lebanon Shrine in Youngstown, OH for liturgy with Bishop Elias Zaidan and Bishop Gregory Mansour with procession.
-Please make plans to participate in our Festival August 23rd, 24th, and 25th. Please sign up for the festival. -Assumption of Mary pilgrimage to Our Lady of Lebanon Shrine in Youngstown, OH August 15th.
- Annual St. Ignatius of Antioch Banquet Saturday, December 14th. Bishop Elias will attend this weekend to consecrate Our New Home.
- Initiatives- To what is God calling you? What are your hopes, dreams, and ideas for our parish? What do you want to do? Mission, charity, prayers, work, fundraisers, or maintenance? How can we support you? -We need volunteers to read during the liturgy and to bring the gifts. If you would like to do so, please see George Najem for 11 am liturgy or Jim Zaidan for the 9 am Liturgy.
- Bible Study every Sunday at 10 am.
- Sunday liturgies 9 am and 11 am
- Confessions immediately before and after liturgies or by appointment.
St. Ignatius of Antioch 9th Sunday of Pentecost August 4, 2019