This Sunday we celebrate the Feast of Epiphany and Theophany. There are many traditions associated with this feast. One is to open the doors and windows of the home at midnight between January 5 and 6 to welcome in the new season. Another tradition is to hang dough from tree branches. to let it gain leaven. At church water is blessed pointing to the water of the Jordan River. After the feasts, homes are blessed with the blessed water.
The feast of Theophany is older than the feast of Christmas.
Please see https://livingmaronite.com/resources/feast-days/the-epiphany-6-january/ for Maronite traditions.
- Our condolences to the family of Marcel Tabet mother of May Albanna who died this last week. Information on a memorial liturgy to follow.
- St. Vincent dePaul First Saturday of Every month 6:30 pm - 8 pm serving meal at men's Gettysburg shelter 1921 S Gettysburg Ave, Dayton, OH 45417.
- Pilgrimage to Washington, DC for March for Life, Church tours, and tour of the capital. January, Thursday the 17th - Saturday the 19th.
- House of Bread Wednesday, January 23 9 am-2:30 pm.
- Reviewing the parish feedback has begun. More information forthcoming. We will go over the gathered feedback, meet for negative feedback and diagnosis, meet for positive feedback, and have a meeting to reach out to past parishioners.
- Initiatives- To what is God calling you? What are your hopes, dreams, and ideas for our parish? What do you want to do? Mission, charity, prayers, work, fundraisers, or maintenance? How can we support you?
- Bible Study every Sunday at 10 am.
- Sunday liturgies 9 am and 11 am
- Confessions immediately before and after daily liturgies or by appointment.
St. Ignatius of Antioch Epiphany and Theophany January 6, 2019
Subscribe for Updates
We invite to join our mailing list and receive emails we send out with news, or special Mass schedules