Do I pray for others?
Are you in the practice of praying for others and praying over others?
Are you comfortable praying spontaneously without pre-written words?
Do you believe God hears prayer, answers prayer, and that prayer has real effects on the world?
When we can speak comfortably to God as a friend, as a bride to a groom, as a child to a loving Father, or as a sheep to a shepherd prayer becomes easy and natural. The Holy Spirit will teach us to pray and will pray within us, if we are open. (See Romans 8:26 and John 14:26.)
This Sunday the Church invites us to pray for deceased priests. I invite you to pray also for living priests and for me.
This Sunday may seem at first to be a reversal of the supposed "natural order" that priests are supposed to pray for others. Yet, every liturgy the priest asks the people to pray for him twice "sa-laow 'a-lai meh-tool mo-ran" (Pray for me to the Lord).
A priest needs prayer, because a priest is also sinner. When the high priest Aaron offered sacrifice, he would offer a goat for all of the people, but first he would offer a bull for his own sins. (See Leviticus 16) Only Jesus, the High Priest, did not need to offer sacrifice for himself, but He himself was the spotless sacrifice for us. (See Hebrews 10.)
-40 day liturgy for Marcel Tabit, mother of May Albanna Sunday, February 10 at 11am. May she rest in peace.
- Potluck February 10.
-Pastoral Council Tuesday, February 19 at 7pm
- Liturgy for all our departed Sunday, February 24 please bring pictures.
- Burning of the Old Palms, Sunday March 3 after liturgy.
- Ash Monday March 4 7pm start of Lent.
-Friday Lenten Devotions and potlucks March 8,15,22,29, April 5,12
-Major feast of St. Joseph Tuesday, March 19 at 7pm.
-2 day retreat Saturday, March 23 (feast of St. Rafka) and Sunday, March 24.
-Feastday Annunciation/ Conception of Jesus March 25 7pm.
-Kids Easter egg hunt Saturday, April 13 with rain check April 20.
-Hosanna Sunday with procession Sunday, April 14
-Holy Week April 15-17 every night at 7pm
-Holy Thursday Washing of the Feet 7pm-Midnight
- Great Friday of the Crucifixion noon and 7pm
- Saturday of the Light noon
-Easter/ Resurrection Sunday Midnight liturgy and 11 am April 21.
- Regional Maronite Convention March 8-10 in Cincinnati, register online at namnews.org
- Initiatives- To what is God calling you? What are your hopes, dreams, and ideas for our parish? What do you want to do? Mission, charity, prayers, work, fundraisers, or maintenance? How can we support you?
-We need volunteers to read during the liturgy and to bring the gifts. If you would like to do so, please see George Najem for 11 am liturgy or Jim Zaidan for the 9 am Liturgy.
Please pray for Roger Shaaya and Maria Alhaddad as they prepare for marriage.
Please pray for Randy Eid and Kelly McFall as they prepare for marriage.
- Bible Study every Sunday at 10 am.
- Sunday liturgies 9 am and 11 am
- Confessions immediately before and after liturgies or by appointment.
St. Ignatius of Antioch Sunday of Deceased Priests February 10, 2019