Called to be a saint
This Sunday we celebrate the feast of the Righteous and the Just. This is a day to thank God for all of the holy men and women who have gone before us and who now enjoy the glory of heaven and to pray for their intercession that we might become saints ourselves. This feast day is a promise of hope to us that we can become the people God is calling us to be.
What is a saint, what characterizes the Righteous and the Just, and what does it mean to be holy?
First and foremost to be holy is to be set apart by God, to be sanctified for God, to be called by God, which happens at our baptism.
Second we who have been set apart must keep ourselves sacred and set aside time for prayer and meditation on scripture, sanctifying everything we do as prayer as a gift to God.
Third we walk toward God in a community and family of faith.
Fourth we share God's love with the world through word and deed- proclamation of the Gospel and acts of mercy and charity.
Fifth when we fall to sin we seek God's mercy through reconciliation and repentance.
This 5 part pattern can be seen in the lives of all the saints and is the path to holiness, deeper intimacy with God, and the joy of God's love.
-Pastoral Council Tuesday, February 19 at 7pm all are welcome.
- Liturgy for all our departed Sunday, February 24 please bring pictures.
- Burning of the Old Palms, Sunday March 3 after liturgy.
- Ash Monday March 4 7pm start of Lent.
-Friday Lenten Devotions and potlucks March 8,15,22,29, April 5,12
-Major feast of St. Joseph Tuesday, March 19 at 7pm.
-2 day retreat Saturday, March 23 (feast of St. Rafka) and Sunday, March 24.
-Feastday Annunciation/ Conception of Jesus March 25 7pm.
-Kids Easter egg hunt Saturday, April 13 with rain check April 20.
-Hosanna Sunday with procession Sunday, April 14
-Holy Week April 15-17 every night at 7pm
-Holy Thursday Washing of the Feet 7pm-Midnight
- Great Friday of the Crucifixion noon and 7pm
- Saturday of the Light noon
-Easter/ Resurrection Sunday Midnight liturgy and 11 am April 21.
- Regional Maronite Convention March 8-10 in Cincinatti, register online at namnews.org
- Initiatives- To what is God calling you? What are your hopes, dreams, and ideas for our parish? What do you want to do? Mission, charity, prayers, work, fundraisers, or maintenance? How can we support you?
-We need volunteers to read during the liturgy and to bring the gifts. If you would like to do so, please see George Najem for 11 am liturgy or Jim Zaidan for the 9 am Liturgy.
Please pray for Randy Eid and Kelly McFall as they prepare for marriage.
Please pray for one parishioner in treatment for cancer.
- Bible Study every Sunday at 10 am.
- Sunday liturgies 9 am and 11 am
- Confessions immediately before and after liturgies or by appointment.
St. Ignatius of Antioch Sunday of the Righteous and the Just February 17, 2019