Am I blessed?
“Blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her by the Lord.” Luke 1:45
What has the Lord said to us, and do we believe it?
God has destined us for adoption, to be his children. God has blessed us with every spiritual blessing. God has chosen us to be holy and blameless. In God we have redemption and forgiveness (Cf. Romans 1:4-6). Like Mary we are blessed if we believe what God has promised to us. God has promised us so much and so many good things. God has promised us a life of beautiful sacrifice. God has promised us love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).
Please let us know if you would like tickets to the banquet. The hotel needs our final count on Monday, December 3.
- Feast of St. Barbara liturgy Monday, December 3 at 7pm.
- Feast of St. Nicholas liturgy Thursdsy, December 6 at 7pm.
- St. Vincent dePaul First Saturday of Every month 6:30 pm - 8 pm serving meal at men's Gettysburg shelter 1921 S Gettysburg Ave, Dayton, OH 45417.
- House of Bread Wednesday December 19th 9am-2:30 pm 9 Orth Avenue.
- Bishop Elias visit Friday through Sunday December 7-9. With meet and greet, spiritual talk, liturgies, Saturday Night Dinner, and raffle. Tickets for the dinner are available this Sunday.
- Liturgy with Bishop Elias 11 am December 8 with lunch to follow in honor of the Immaculate Conception.
- Meetings with Bishop Elias by reservation 1 - 5 pm.
- Liturgy with Bishop Elias 11 am December 9th with reception to follow.
-Confession opportunities St. Luke Church December 11th at 7pm. St. Albert Church December 20th at 7pm.
- Christmas caroling at Heartland of Miamisburg nursing home Saturday, December 15 at 4:30.
- Christmas party Sunday, December 16th after the 11am liturgy.
- Christmas novena begins December 16th.
- Christmas liturgies Midnight mass and 11 am
- Feast of the Circumcision feast day January 1 at 7pm.
- Pilgrimage to Washington, DC for March for Life, Church tours, and tour of the capital. January Thursday the 17th - Saturday the 19th.
- Reviewing the parish feedback has begun. More information forthcoming. - Initiatives- To what is God calling you? What are your hopes, dreams, and ideas for our parish? What do you want to do? Mission, charity, prayers, work, fundraisers, or maintenance? How can we support you? - Bible Study every Sunday at 10 am.
- Sunday liturgies 9 am and 11 am - Confessions immediately before and after daily liturgies or by appointment.
St. Ignatius of Antioch Visitation to Mary December 2, 2018