40 day liturgy, St. Sharbel feast June 23, First Liturgy August 4
Go on your way. See, I am sending you out like lambs into the midst of wolves. (Luke 10:3)
This past week the Castle Disability Center thanked our parish in general and the St. Rafqa Sodality in particular for excellent and joyful service. The Castle provides a safe place, meals, and activities for adults with disabilities. Other organizations including House of Bread and St. Vincent de Paul likewise appreciate our service. Others should know we are Christian by our love. Jesus tells us that whatever we do for the least of our brothers we do for him and he tells us to love our neighbors and our enemies. If we prophecy and work miracles, but do not have love we are a clashing gong. From a human development perspective, acts of love and mercy grow our empathy mature our humanity, and increase our gratitude. From a spiritual perspective we can meet God in the poor and an act of service can be transformed into an act of worship of God. I would like to thank all who have served the poor and the needy. I would like to thank all who have given their time in service to our parish. I would also like to thank all who have prayed for their own salvation, for their friends and families, for the community and the world, and for our Maronite Church. St. Sharbel and St. Elias were two men who were drawn to prayer and who loved service for others. May their examples and their prayers help us as we remember them this week. Happy name day to all of those named after St. Elias and St. Sharbel. We will have a blessing with the relics of St. Sharbel after both liturgies. We will be reading part of the life of St. Elias this Sunday from the Bible a few minutes after both liturgies. -Our first liturgy at the new church will be August 4th at 11am. -We will be loading the truck Sunday, July 28th after the 11 am liturgy. -We will have work days at the new property Saturday, July 27th and Saturday, August 3rd and as available. -Our condolences and prayers to the family of Michael Abraham Falugi on the 40 day liturgy Sunday, July 21st at 11 am. -Feastday liturgy of St. Sharbel Tuesday, July 23rd at 7pm with prayers for healing and blessing with relic.
-House of Bread Tuesday July 30th from 9 am - 2 pm at 9 Orth Avenue. -Please make plans to participate in our Festival August 23rd, 24th, and 25th. -Assumption of Mary pilgrimage to Our Lady of Lebanon Shrine in Youngstown, OH August 15th.
- Annual St. Ignatius of Antioch Banquet Saturday, December 14th. Bishop Elias will attend this weekend to consecrate Our New Home.
- Initiatives- To what is God calling you? What are your hopes, dreams, and ideas for our parish? What do you want to do? Mission, charity, prayers, work, fundraisers, or maintenance? How can we support you? -We need volunteers to read during the liturgy and to bring the gifts. If you would like to do so, please see George Najem for 11 am liturgy or Jim Zaidan for the 9 am Liturgy.
- Bible Study every Sunday at 10 am.
- Sunday liturgies 9 am and 11 am
- Confessions immediately before and after liturgies or by appointment.
St. Ignatius of Antioch 7th Sunday of Pentecost July 21, 2019