11th Sunday of Pentecost
It's that time of year again. A time when we can all come together to share our joy and good food, glorify God, reach out to the community , and work together to put on our festival. If everyone takes responsibility, the work becomes fun and the burden becomes light.
Below is the next weeks’ Schedule, please plan on helping we are short handed this year. *SUN 8/18/2019 * After Mass: Garlic Dip *MON 8/19/2019 * 10:00am: Cook Grape Leaves 5:30pm : Cook Green Bean Sauce, Outdoor Kitchen Outlets *TUE 8/20/2019* 10:00am: Pick & Wash Parsley, Hummus & Taratore 5:30pm outdoor setup *WED 8/21/2019 * 10:00am: Cook Grape Leaves 5:30pm: Marinate Chicken Shawarma *THU 8/22/2019 * 10:00am: Chop/slice Tomatoes & Onions, Chop Parsley, Count & Store Bread on Racks, Salad dressing, Setup Outdoor Kitchen, Marinate Beef Shawarma 5:30pm outdoor setup FRI 9/23/2019 * Noon: Setup Outdoor Kitchen, Brown Vermicelli, Cook Rice & Green Beans, Mix Taboule, Prepare Falafel, French Fries, Heat Kibbe, load the food line… Festival prayer Lord God, you direct all things. Grant us success in our parish festival. May the festival be for your glory and not our own. May all of our work be for you, and draw us closer to your love. May we work together with love, peace, and joy, that others may know you by our love. May the festival be a light of your love to the world. May our festival be peaceful and safe. Lord, open the hearts of our parish to relationship with you that we may work not out of obligation, guilt or stress, but out of love for you and your church. Lord, grant financial success to our festival, that we may direct the money for your service. God of creation, we entrust the weather to your providence. If it is your will give us pleasant weather, if not grant us the perseverance, faith, hope, and patience to accept all things from you as gift. We thank and glorify You, Your Son, and Your Holy Spirit now and forever. Amen. St. Ignatius, pray for us. Mary, our Mother, pray for us. St. Sharbel, pray for us. Blessed Massabki brothers, pray for us. - 40 day liturgy remembering Emilie Saliba August 18th at 11 am. May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace.
-Please make plans to participate in our Festival August 23rd, 24th, and 25th. Please sign up for the festival.
-We will host an open house October 19th and 20th with evening prayer and a blessing with the relic of St. Ignatius of Antioch on October 19th at 6 PM followed by light refreshments and a question and answer session on "Who are the Maronites?" Liturgies on Sunday, October 20th will be at 9 am and 11 am with a lecture on Maronite history and spirituality.
- Annual St. Ignatius of Antioch Banquet Saturday, December 14th with Bishop Elias.
-Consecration and dedication: Bishop Elias will consecrate and dedicate our new home on December 15th at 11 am.
- Initiatives- To what is God calling you? What are your hopes, dreams, and ideas for our parish? What do you want to do? Mission, charity, prayers, work, fundraisers, or maintenance? How can we support you? -We need volunteers to read during the liturgy and to bring the gifts. If you would like to do so, please see George Najem for 11 am liturgy or Jim Zaidan for the 9 am Liturgy.
- Please pray for a parishioner who broke several bones last week. - Please pray for all affected by the Dayton Massacre. Let each one of us seek what help we need for ourselves and give what help we can to others.
- Bible Study every Sunday at 10 am.
- Sunday liturgies 9 am and 11 am
- Confessions immediately before and after liturgies or by appointment.
St. Ignatius of Antioch 11th Sunday of Pentecost August 18, 2019