11th Sunday of Pentecost
Updated: Nov 3, 2018
January 1 - June 31 2016- 6 month profit or (loss) - ($158,033) Includes ~$175,000 loan payment. 2017- 6 month profit or (loss) - $3,833 Includes $5,000 air condition purchase. 2018- 6 month profit or (loss) - $7,196 Includes $10,000 check from Catholic Extension Services.
Over 2000 meals served 10 visits to the Juvenile Detention Center Children's play at nursing home One wake service for the poor
1 Marriage, a few anointings of the sick, confessions, and hundreds of communions,
The question now arises, how many lives have been changed, how many people have encountered God, how many people have become disciples, how many people have become apostles?
In the Gospel of this Sunday, Zacchaeus measured his life one way, profits and prestige, after he encountered Jesus, his whole life changed. As a parish, financial metrics are incomplete, even good works are incomplete, unless our lives are transformed and we become disciples and apostles in relationship with God.
This Sunday, we need to erect our festival sign, we need at least 6 people. Please stay after liturgy.
- Women's prayer group, "Women's Sodality" Monday, July 30 7 pm.
- 1 day only "What is Qadeeshat?" Come and learn the meaning of various popular Syriac Phrases. Thursday, August 2. 6 pm - 9 pm.
- St. Vincent de Paul August 4 6:30 pm- 8 pm serving meal at men's Gettysburg shelter.
-Initiatives- To what is God calling you? What are your hopes, dreams, and ideas for our parish? What do you want to do? Mission, charity, prayers, work, fundraisers, or maintenance? How can we support you?
- Festival cooking schedule Sunday, August 5 12 pm (parsley). Monday, August 6 10 am(grape leaves), and Thursday, August 8, 5 pm (kafta).
-House of Bread Monday, August 13 9 am - 2:30 pm. Come all or part time.
- Free college level Syriac course. July 16 - Aug 3 Monday - Friday 6 - 9 pm. firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-428-0372 for more information. Syriac, the most widely written dialect of Aramaic, is a language of great theological importance, both as the language of study to read 10 Aramaic chapters of the Old Testament and as the theological and liturgical language of the Maronite, Syriac, Malankara, and Malabara Churches as well as Eddesan and Antiochian Christianity. Syriac unlocks some of the most profound poetry of the Christian tradition.
- Our condolences to the family of John Elias Dagher brother of parishioner, Malik Dagher. 40 day Liturgy will be offered for John Elias Dagher at 11 am on July 29. May he rest in peace.
- Join us in praying for Hoda Abou Jaude, mother of Hilda Abou Jaude on July 29 at 11 amLiturgy on the one year anniversary. May she rest in peace.
- Anyone interested in a attending a minor league baseball game? Let's go watch the Dayton Dragons- July 30th 7pm. $10 includes a hat and $5 goes to support a good cause.
- We have a great opportunity for our $15,000 matching grant, we are are at $2300 and can accept donations of $250 or more. The donations can go towards naming rights for any part of our building project.
- St. Vincent de Paul 1st Saturday of every month 6:30 pm at Men's shelter on Gettysburg.
- Pilgrimage trip to Our Lady of Lebanon Shrine and Basilica August 15. The approximate Schedule will be 12:30 pm until 1am.
- We are 30 days away from hosting The Greater Dayton Lebanese Festival. Sign up sheet will be available in the hall. With 250 volunteers, we only need to volunteer 3 hours each the weekend of the festival. With 125 volunteers, we only need to volunteer 6 hours each the weekend of the festival. We also need to volunteer for the preparation of the festival.
- High School and Middle School group (MYO)- dates to be announced
- We are exploring the idea of English classes. Anyone interested in teaching or taking the class please let Fr. Alex know.
- Please turn in your pledges. Design meetings will begin soon. The majority of votes have been for building a $600,000 to $700,000 project on the property to include new church, parking, and upgraded to kitchen and hall. However, we are still short on firm commitments of pledges. We are at $1250 in committed monthly pledges with an additional $500-$1000 in soft pledges, "Father, you know we will pledge." There is much reason for optimism.
- Church-wide garage sale small fundraiser. August 16- 18, 9am - 2 pm under the tent. We will collect furniture and household donations to sell to benefit the Church. Coordinators and volunteers needed for pricing and selling.
-Syriac class Monday-Friday 6-9 pm
- Bar Louis meet up Tuesday 8pm
- Children's Arabic class Saturday 10 am
- Adult Arabic class Saturday 11am
- Children's Dabke class Saturday 11 am
- Adult Dabke class Sunday 8 pm
- Children's Art class Saturday noon
- Bible Study Sunday 10am
- English class this Wednesday from 7-9 pm.